On most days, I don’t dare walk into Trader Joe’s after seeing how long the lines there can get. But I do know that once I get in, I inevitably splurge on some grocery items. Along with my usual granola and yogurt (and some delicious cookie butter), I decided to get some ingredients for an easy, single-serving pasta lunch.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
3/4 cup whole wheat penne
2/3 cup organic marinara sauce
Fist-sized clump of ground turkey
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup of chopped mushroom of your choice ( I used Shiitake mushroom)
1/3 cup of green beans, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Easy peasy. Put some water on the stove to boil, and while you’re waiting, chop up the veggies.
2. Cook the vegetables on a pan with some olive oil, and after about 5 minutes, put the pasta into the boiling water and cover.
3. For the next ten minutes, put the turkey in the pan with the veggies and keep tossing until the meat is cooked.
4. Drain the pasta, then put the marinara in the pan.
5. Mix the penne and everything else on low heat until the sauce is well incorporated.
Super easy, super filling, and filled up the kitchen with the amazing smell of spaghetti sauce. What more could you wish for on a wet, rainy day?